Compliments & complaints
The International Society for Neglected tropical Diseases is committed to providing a quality service and working in an open and accountable way that builds trust and respect. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our clients and stakeholders, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
• making a compliment or complaint is as easy as possible
• we welcome compliments, feedback and suggestions
• we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
• we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
• we respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.
• we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures
Please submit a Compliment or Complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating "COMPLIMENT" or "COMPLAINT" in the subject header. Please also include:
1. First Name
2. Last Name
5. Compliment / Complaint (please include as much detail as possible)
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly.
Our aims are to:
• resolve informal concerns quickly
• keep matters low-key
• enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred
This policy ensures that we welcome compliments and provide guidelines for dealing with complaints from members of the public about our services, facilities, staff and volunteers.
Compliments: we are always glad to hear from people who are satisfied with the services we offer. All compliments are recorded, acknowledged, and a copy is sent to the relevant team member(s).
Complaints: our response to complaints is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant's satisfaction.
On a practical level, we would be grateful if a complainant observes the responsibility to:
• bring their complaint, in writing, to ISNTD’s attention normally within 4 weeks of the issue arising;
• raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in ISNTD;
• explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
• allow ISNTD a reasonable time to deal with the matter, and
• recognise that some circumstances may be beyond ISNTD’s control.
ISNTD's responsibility will be to:
• acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
• respond within a stated period of time;
• deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint; and
• take action where appropriate.
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and ISNTD maintain confidentiality. However the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own facts). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
We thank you for taking the time to engage with us whether to submit a Compliment or a Complaint.